Originally Posted by battue
JB wrote and article awhile back and included was a pic of an Elk broadside at what looked like relatively close.

The caption-and it's been awhile, so correct me if I'm wrong, if you're reading JB-stated that many try to be absolutely exact in that situation. They fool around trying to hit the aorta dead center, when they should just be sticking one in the heart lung area right now. Of course you may have a dead Elk, but you may not have a campfire pic of a blown up heart and subsequently feel that you didn't do all that great. laugh

Also the more you shoot the more you are not hesitant to shoot. The more you shoot the more pictures you have to call back on that gives confidence.

This cow was shot last season from the offhand position at 88 yards. She was on the move and I had to time it just right as she passed by the shot window between the scrub oak:

[Linked Image]

I went back and took some pictures of where I was standing when I made the shot and this is how it looked:
[Linked Image]

For most hunting situations a 2 moa rifle is going to work just fine, you just got to know your limits.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA