I set up an old Marlin 322 for use with full power .222 ( 20 gr. RL7 and 50 grain bullets) and reduced loads using Unique. At the time, a friend and I were heavy into squirel hunting and the .22 rimfires we had weren't cutting it. So we started playing around with reduced loads of Unique with startingly pleasing results.

Headshots on grey squirrels were the norm even out to well over 100 yards across cornfields.Head shots were the norm and meat damage was minimal if shots somehow got misdirected. Groups out of a couple different rifles ran about an inch or less at 100 yards.

Just checked the old chrono data and 6 grs. Unigue with a 50 gr. jacketed bullet was right around 1800. Just be careful not to double load a case and segregate your cases.

I think we got the idea from one of C.E. Harris's articles in one ofthe gun rags. Maybe you can Google it.Unique coupled with the .222 is a very rewarding project.

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.