I have been off working for a while...Interesting comments some of you experienced folks have made (re; avoiding the GMU in 2013 or being in 2 far). One year I came in from a 2nd season blizzard, regrouped and found elk much closer to the road, next year, we regrouped and found elk in a different spot. I still have the idea of getting in farther (I guess farther usually =higher elevation as well, which I guess is the real issue). I suppose I should stop being a wimp and simply backpack in 8 miles (I guess I should get my knee fixed...) I am used to rough country in the mtns I hunt, but at 6k not 11k elevation! takes some time to adjust. I would hate to get dropped in and decide to come back out a long ways. The last few years I have hunted I have been affected by hunting pressure in somewhat extreme ways- had 3 bulls and cows run by, with the rear bull, a 3x3 bleeding- spoke with the hunter later about a huge bull he'd fired at and how he had to return to town for more ammo, last year had guys open up on the bulls we were stalking from 1000+ yds away. I expect to see others within a few miles of the road, but this sort of thing is tough to take... what to do what to do...

Last edited by JRK; 03/12/13.