I have been reading a lot lately about the new CFE powder from the good folks at Hodgdon's.
Several of my Varminting buddies also give it high marks in the 223 so I was happy last Thursday when my local pawn/sport shop got in a LARGE shipment of all brands of powder that included some CFE.
It appeared that my friend the owner had ordered about 8 pounds of all kinds of powders including IMR 4350 and virtually all other popular types.
The CFE was the FIRST powder to sell out and did so early on Friday.
As of today (over a week later) finally one other type powder sold out in this "small market" and it was the IMR 4350.
Luckily I snagged a pound of CFE for myself and am intent on trying it in a new to me 223 Remington Varminter and one of my 204's.
Any recommendations for CFE in a 26" barreled 204 with 32 grain bullets would be appreciated.
Just a heads up in this wierd market place that we are in - if you see some CFE powder on a shelf don't put off buying it or you may regret it.
The selling price of this powder here was not bad at all, at S22.25 a pound (no sales tax).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy