What Benchman sez is true.

I hunted Pennsylvania outta my bestest hunting buddy's cozy cabin up on the High Plateau in the Moshannon State Forest since 1998 just north of I-80... 20 miles or so north of DuBois.

In 1998, I remember seeing maybe 3 or 4 deer (mostly doe deer) each day of the Opening Week (6 days) we hunted. Then after Dr. Alt's Program went into effect, we began seeing less and less deer of either sex although 'most all the deer we saw were still doe deer.

In the last 3 years, hunting Opening Week, I didn't see a single deer... doe or buck.

Last year (Nov./Dec., 2012) was my last year of traveling over to Pennsylvania for deer hunting. It's a beautiful State with lotsa really great folks, but I'd like to at least SEE deer when I'm deer hunting even if they're doe deer.

I can stay home and see bucks and doe deer running through my 1 acre yard and into the woods and scrub at the N.E. corner of my property. The ONLY problem is... ya can't hunt in this area anymore, too many houses have been built in the past 20 years or so.

I guess it's like they say, "Sometimes you're the DOG... and sometimes you're the hydrant!" grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...