Originally Posted by JGRaider
I always find these types of threads interesting too. Here's my take on the situation. In our small fleet, over the past 15 years, we've probably had 30-40 different pickups. We do not do heavy hauling in them, so we buy 1/2T exclusively. Among them have been Chevy Z71, F150, and Tundra with the 5.7. All are crewcab models. We are adamant about doing the routine maintenance and general upkeep, and change the oil every 5000 miles because it's easier to keep up with by the mileage on the speedo. In a nutshell, there are good and not so good of each make. We've had Z71's go 200K with not a hiccup, and some go 75000 and need some work besides routine. Same goes for the Tundra's, which have all gotten dreadful real world mileage.....13 in town, 17 on hwy best case. We had one Ford driven 330K , with a timing chain replaced and a new rear end put in at 285,000 and that's all. Can't ask for much more than that. In light of being around them every day, I don't think one make is any better than another generally speaking. We usually buy F150's now because of Govt Motors and Tundra's dreadful fuel mileage. I'm driving an F150 King Ranch Crew 4x4 now, and it has averaged 16.5 over the first 58,000 miles. It used to avg 17.3 before the schittty ethanol fuel mandates kicked in.

I suppose you could draw a line and say 17mpg is dreadful and 17.3 is not... sleep

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.