George is one of the bigger cat buyers in the west, but also one of the biggest crooks. I had a cat that sold at the Kingman auction for $500. I was helping out with the sale and George left the building knowing that he had one more guy (ME) to write a check to before he left. It showed on his list who the checks needed to be written to and wasn't supposed to leave till everyone had collected money. So he left and I called him and he said his list didn't show he had bought my cat. While my list, the other two buyers lists, and the main ladies list showed that he did buy it. He said to wait until he could check his cats to see if mine was in there. So about a week later George calls and says he has the cat and to call back in a couple days to give shipping info for the check. So I called and when he talked to me he said you know what, I'm not giving you $500 for this cat. I'll maybe give you $400 and that's still too high. (Remember, this is after bidding at an auction with the winning bid going for $500) So basically he got my cat and now that it was in his possession he felt he could now name a price. He refused to pay the full $500 and after a long talk I convinced him to send my cat back to me. He is known to do things like this to people quite often so I just wanted to all let you know to be careful and to not deal with this guy. He is a crook and will do anything he can to rip you off.
Another guy had 5 cats that he showed to George while in Kingman but wasn't able to sell them because he hadn't got the CITES tags yet. George promises a price of $3500 for the cats and told him to ship the cats to Montana once the CITES tags were put on. The guy shipped the cats and once the cats arrived George told the guy "you know what I changed my mind. These cats are only worth $3100 and that's all I will give you for them." So the guy made him ship the cats back. I have heard plenty of other stories about the man and none of them are ever good. BE CAREFUL