Originally Posted by SteveC99
So let me see if I got this right. Evidently knowing full well before you bought it, you got a Gray Market binocular. You then, after you screwed up and dinged the lenses, got your knickers in a knot because you did not get the full meal deal warranty red carpet treatment from Leica. I personally would not have had the audacity to even post something like that. You would have got the same treatment from Zeiss or Swarovski if you'd sent a gray market unit of theirs to them expecting red carpet service. There is a reason that serial number is on the binocular.

If that Leica of his was purchased through a reputable dealer like CLNY then you would have had a legitimate gripe and Leica would then have richly deserved a thorough reaming. But one reason alpha binoculars cost a lot of money is that good glass is EXPENSIVE.

That's not what I got from the OP's statement.He simply expected to pay for a reasonable priced repair.He did not expect a free repair but he thought the ammount was excessive and I agree with him.