I was issued an Interarms Walther PPk/s back in 1995. I have no knowledge of the model as manufactured under the Smith and Wesson banner, but the one I had and 90 percent of the others I saw issued to department personnel in those days were garbage. I saw three or four go full auto over the years we carried them. I saw slides come off during firing and I saw Johnson and Johnson Band-Aid stock go through the roof from the cuts on shooter hands from trying to operate the little hateful buggers.

Fundamentally, one of my main concerns after a lack of functional reliability, was the fact that you have to field strip the pistol in order to clear a jam. To me, that was just not acceptable.

At the risk of finding myself afoul of agency policy, I purchased a Smith & Wesson model 649 and a Galco ankle holster for same. Fortunately, we were only saddled with those little pieces of junk for about 5 years.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis