Finally got a chance to run it out a bit and test R-15 vs Varget, so I got going at 6:30 to try and beat the conditions. Epic failure, as the wind never did lay down that night.

So if you like to shoot in different winds, today was the day.

Who's the idiot that claims wind at the bench doesn't matter?

600 yard pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

300 and 400 yard targets:

[Linked Image]

Back to 500 yards:

[Linked Image]

Interestingly, when I switch powders, I'd shoot a couple to foul the bore with the "new" powder, then shoot the group. On the Varget load, I aimed at the bottom of the target and first one went center, next one left, then I went for the group and they started at the far left and came back to the middle, all with a center hold.

Back to 600:

[Linked Image]

The first Varget load, I lost one high left, but on the 2nd group, the wind switched a bit back to center, and shot a decent group, centered up.

On the R-15 load, the 1st shot went almost dead center, then the wind moved to a right/left quarter, and the 2nd shot went way left, so I held right, and further right for the next two, then held back to center for the last one, center hole at 6 o'clock. Not bad considering the conditions.

There doesn't seem to be a stand-out winner yet, but looks like I could do either and live happily ever after.

Next I want to go to 1000-1200, but at this point, I'm going to need an ark to get to my LR spot.