I just got her bedded and scoped. Provided she shoots, she'll be a keeper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is meant to be a "dirty deeds rifle" of sorts. One you keep on the truck seat or carry along on the Polaris when you are out and about. I need something that won't make me cringe when it gets dinged up and scratched.

I started with a 660 Remington I already had, knowing that a 700 is "better", but wanting a dog-leg 600-series since I killed my first deer with my dad's 600 Mohawk .308win. I found a 24" SS 7mm-08 sporter-weight barrel here on the classifieds and ordered a McMillan edge-fill M7KS pattern, inletted for 700ADL bottom metal. My guy installed the SS barrel and lug after cutting the barrel to 20", tapped the tang for a 1/4" 700 screw, and drilled/tapped the rear bridge for 2pc mounts. I'm using a Holland ADL guard with only the rear screw hole. I like the looks of the ADL guard and Dick at McMillan told me that it was really the only way to go. I may coat the works with black Cerakote in the near future.

[Linked Image]

The scope is a VX-2 Ultralight 3-9 CDS and the mounts are Talley X-lows to get my face down on the comb. Eye relief is a bit more critical with this scope, but the stock/mounts combo fits well enough to negate any problems. The gun goes 6.47lbs scoped, but more importantly, it balances well, most likely because of the .650" muzzle sporter-weight tube out front and the light action/scope/mounts/stock. It's less than 40" in length, which is shorter than my daughter's 700 youth model. Looks like we will both be running 7mm-08's this coming season

All signs point to 120gr BT's and RL-15, so I'll hopefully find out tomorrow that you guys are right. (grin)

Last edited by JPro; 04/26/13.

Now with even more aplomb