Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Alaska lanche, my tarptent contrail is a tick under 2 lbs. Ready to go, double rainbow is 8 ounces more.

Thanks....I head the double rainbow..the layout and setup wasn't for me...that said the Cloudburst was pretty nice...just wondering what the fly only option on the Scarp 2 comes in at.

TAK,

I think it'd be a bad idea with a packraft. Simply because while sleeping on one (which is pretty comfy actually) you create a low spot and any point of the packraft that sneaks out from under the tent would drain right under your back.

The width at the ends, which is where the widest part of the packraft would be is is 42" compared to the packrafts nearly 38" (Yukon Yak model). So it could work, I can air up my Yukon Yak and try it here in a week and take some pics if interested. Personally, I'd like a little more room under the shelter if sleeping under the packraft. The using the packraft under my SL-3 was too tight but could make it "work", however, the SL-5 for 4 oz more works MUCH better for that. Its the hexagonal shape in relationship to the center pole that kills it for the SL-3 atleast thats what I found.