I thought about doing a switch barrel on a 700 with a 300 and 350 or 375 wsm. looked at the cost of re-barreling vs reboring, die cost, reamer rental/purchase, etc. then looked at all the loading data I could find. then I started thinking of the 375 ruger, but brass was hard to find and expensive when you did. about that time, I ended up winning a gift cert from shaw barrels. I had a spare long mag action, so to make a long story short, I ended up with a 358 norma. 25" stainless, alittle heavier than a magnum contour. ended up costing me about $130 for them to headspace it and shipping. for you savage guys, their stainless ptc barrels are only $250. I am not sorry I went this way at all. action is long enough that I can seat bullets out as far as I want and don't run out of magazine room. and the barrel shoots great, speer 250 sp's clover leaf all day long at 100. not that you will want to shoot it all day long. and the best thing is brass will be available for ever. it may not say 358 norma, actually all mine say 338 win, but they are easy to make from many other calibers. then they will become 350 rem mag brass, then 458x 2.1" (my next build). good luck whichever way you go.