Old news to most folks,I'm sure,but humor me I live in the sticks! For those that have seen/handled the new Ruger Compact,scroll on.<P>Yesterday I caught my first glimpse and handled the new Ruger S/S Laminate "Compact". Damn nice rifle! This particular one was chambered in 260 and sold IMMEDIATELY. <P>Many of the guys I routinely chat with via Email and such,abhor Ruger in general. I dote on them. This particular new model is to die for. It has "Deer Hammer" written all over it. For the Anti-Ruger faction,that I associate with,please don't bombard me with snide remarks(grin).<P>'Tis a shame it took this long,for an ALL S/S rifle in a svelte package,to be made available. Uncharacteristic of the MK II's(excepting the Target/Varmint two-stage),it had a VERY good trigger pull. It has a short length of pull and a bobbed barrel,it simply handles like lightning. All my kids will have one,myself included. I think it is a very large step forward and a LONG time overdue. <P>Hats off to Ruger(again)!.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."