Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

The bore has not been scoped, I believe the round count is 357 on this rifle.

If you shot all 357 rounds on a single afternoon, the barrel might be suspect, but over a five year period it's not likely much more than broken in. Unless your loads are well above max, the brass is also not a likely culprit.

I have played with a couple of Weatherby's for a almost 20 years. They belong to a friend. One is a .257 Weatherby custom job with a Douglas barrel and Sako action in a quality synthetic stock, the other is a .300 W original made in Germany with a classic Weatherby walnut stock. Both were exceptionally accurate, until a couple years ago. They went from MOA to 4-5MOA shooters. After asking a couple questions, it seems he had started using Frog Lube on the bores.

He was never a religious gun cleaner, and typically pushed a couple patches of Hoppe's down the barrel after each season. Somehow the combination of minimal cleaning and the Frog lube was a non-ideal mix. A thorough cleaning and they both returned to normal.

It wasn't the first time a good cleaning had "fixed" an accuracy problem for me.

Experience is what you get,
When you don't get what you want ;-0