In August of 07 I talked with Boots and emailed my order a week later as he wanted my order in print. Ordered a 6.5 for a 260 build and a 30 cal for a 308 build. He claimed a couple wks for the 30 and 90 days for the 6.5 at that time. Got the 30 cal in Dec. He was doing contract work at the time for 30 cal blanks for IIRC the Knight SR-25??? Dec of 08 we talked and I needed another 30 cal, it was in hand in 2wks. Still no 6.5's being done he said. I begged and pleaded for a 6.5 but nuttin. Finally found a 9.1 tw in 1000yd contour for sale on Benchrest Central and bought it.

Made a last ditch effort with another email in Dec of '10. Finally he responded and wanted to know what I needed as he couldn't find my order and thought he mistakenly did mine for someone else. In Jan of 11 on a Sunday eve I received an email that he was going to look orders over in his shop Monday morning and figure out why I didn't have mine. Told him I would take a Rem Varmint contour in 6.5 or even an M40, whichever or both and also another 30 M40 contour if he could some day.

3 days later a 6.5 arrived UPS, next day a 6.5 M40 UPS and next day a 30 cal M40 UPS. UPS driver was played out walking up my drive 3 days in a row. lol Don't know why he didn't ship them all together? Maybe he was afraid he'd croak and I would get nothing. Anyhoo all 3 consectively numbered so now they set and I kinda hate to ruin the triplet collection! smile So roughly 3.5yrs to get the 6.5 I wanted and now set for over 2yrs as I don't know if I want a 260 anymore and if so what contour. Heck of a dilemma!

Got another 6.5 I bought off fleabay after I waited a yr. So I have 3 6.5's in 8.75 twist which he recommended even for 140 class of bullets and what he shoots in a 22/250 necked up for competition. Also 2 M40 30 cals. So now I am Oby poor.

Sure enjoy talking with the old gent! Wished I lived closer and could visit him as that melon of his has a lot of experience etc in it over the yrs.