I too have an M1, and also two 1907's - both from the first year of production.

The .351 has more power and makes bigger holes. It's an interesting rifle that influenced a lot of later guns. Cons? Ummm...a few:

1. brass and ammo are hard to find. I've had some brass on order for a couple months, now. Limited bullet selection. Reloading dies - Reddings will cost you $100, and that's cheapest you'll find, new. RCBS cost much more.

2. Parts for a 1907 are not easy to obtain

3. magazines are expensive - and the 10 round mags are stupidly expensive. I think they top out at 10 rounds.

4. Pinched fingers when you press the charging rod - unless you're lucky enough to have one of the L shaped buttons.

5. The 1907 is a good bit heavier. It a blow back operated action, and the breech block and action are relatively massive steel forgings.

The .30 Carbine lacks power, but good modern bullets are readily available and help with that dilemma. Otherwise, it is a far more practical platform. There were millions of M1's made, versus a couple hundred thousand 1907's. Between the .300 Blackout, and the 7.62x39, the .351's niche is already filled with modern rounds.

I was pleased to get my latest 1907 for under $500, but that's probably enough. smile

[Linked Image]

The M1 with its grandson:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 07/03/13. Reason: add note 5

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."