Originally Posted by utah708
I have known this guy's family for over 25 years. He was a HS valedictorian, football player, from a strong Christian family. Quite a quiet and respectful man; probably the last person I would think likely to get this particular 15 minutes of fame. We have offered airline miles to the family so that one of the parents can go bring him home. will have to ask Patrick how he kept his phone. I watched the video of the incident and the bull merely flicked his head at Patrick as he ran by--almost so fast you don't see it happen. I don't think he even had time to think about dropping it.

Interesting insight there and good of you to help him/his family in this situation.

There seems to be good reason why folks root in favor of the bulls. Even valedectorians, football players and nice Christian families sometimes don't get it. The reasoning is akin to honorable hunting - admire the beast, honor the beast, take its life swiftly and surely if you will, and then give at least a moment of respect at its death.

Animals are not meant to be tortured, taunted and dared to act. Almost any creature will react with animal survivial instinct when in a corner, and those with big power, speed and determination can easily exact their due. Torture or taunt it, and get your due.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron