Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Thanks for all the help, pictures and stories. I looked at the rifle again today and it's an all # matching rifle (Carl Gustaf dated 1900). The disc says the bore is a "0" and it sure looks that way. It looks a lot like the shootist' rifle and has the dial type rear sight and the yellow sticker on the stock (like Toads). The owner says he'd take $350.00 for it. Seems like a good deal. What do you guys think?

If I was looking for one to shoot and not mess with, $350.00 appears to be a fair deal for a M96 with an dial adjustable rear sight. Don't think you will lose any money.

[Linked Image]

Sold off my all matching M96 CG collectables for 350.00-400.00 several years ago. Probably can buy them all back for about the same money if I shop smartly.

Only 6.5x55 left is a favorite. It is a M38 Husqvarna (top in pic) that I messed with when Sweeds could be bought out of a old wooden barrel in just about any LGS for 98 bucks. It is a 125.00 truck gun but it would take considerably more for it to change it's address.