Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I turned 60 last year and I am trying to find something that interests me. I'm still working because I like the money, but am tiring of the travel involved. I often think about retiring at 62, and what my daily routine would be. I want to write a book for posterity's sake, but other than that I feel like I have succumbed to life's "rat race." I sold all my motorcycles, cancelled my plans to buy an airplane, no longer have season football tickets, and simply want an uncluttered and simple life. I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more. Is there something wrong with me, or is this just a symptom of growing old?

So get one and enjoy it. Yes, it could be a sign of aging, and it's good that you still have your mind and health to enjoy the new direction you now want to go.

I'd also most definitely get a good physical, during which have your Testosterone level checked, as that can influence what you are going through.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.