I am in the same boat as you, sorta.
my Kaibab client used a 150 Nosler ballistic tip on his big mule deer he took this last season. It hit hard and the deer buckled. the buck probably weighed over 200 pounds easy.
This was done with a 7 Rem mag not a saum, so I figure it should do fine in your rifle.
Then AKJeff took a muley in Sonora using the TSX bullets out of his 7x57 and they did a great job.

Currently I am planning on working up a load with the 140 TSX bullets or the 154 interbonds for my 7 Rem Mag and am hoping they will be good for everything from the small coues to a big elk. I think these should also be good for your saum if loaded right.
You should also know I am no brain when it comes to reloading. The information above is of experience when guiding and also from the info people have shared with me online. However, those are the loads I am thinking for my 7 so I thought I would share that with you.
Should I draw a Kaibab tag this year, I don't want my trophy to run off, so one of the above loads will be what I will be using out of my 7 if I can get one ofthem to shoot well.

Enrique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1