Decided it's time for new tires on my 2010 Z71, before winter gets here. 40K on the OEM Dueler ATs, still passable but getting worse by the week on wet roads (never that great when new, in that department).

Hate the 18" alloy wheels that came on the critter, got an idea to spring for a set of 17" steel wheels for the new gums and man did that go south in a hurry. Figured to get 17" tires in a more agressive tread and keep them for winter work. Will stow the OEM 18" crap to put back on the truck if I swap it next fall on a 2014.

Not one boneyard within 50 miles of here has any 17" GMC/Chevy OEM steel wheels, or the work truck slotted steel wheels in stock. Found a site that sells reconditioned OEM GM steel wheels for $65 a pop. The same wheels new at the dealer: $140 each and not one of 'em in stock. The work truck variety are closer to $200 each.

Miss the good old days when I had multiple sets of 15" six lug Chevy wheels in the garage. Stock wheels, chrome reverse wheels, wagon wheels and rally wheels. All of which would fit any old 6 lug Chevy 4x4 truck I happened to have on hand. Even had multiples of 5 bolters for later model 2WD Chebbies.

frown

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.