Originally Posted by Reba
Nothing like coming off a mountain, in the rain, snow, and mud on a steep grade and seeing your trailer pass you up!

My thoughts exactly,

I wanted a camper to replace my tent until a couple of years ago; it was the last weekend of deer season I hunt the sierra�s at or above 8000 and rain \ snow made setting up my tent and keeping it dry during the process impossible and again I wanted a truck camper or trailer!

Heading home and down the hill I could barely stay on the frozen road and came across two trucks one with trailer and his buddy with a big truck camper slammed up against the bank. Both drivers claim they were slowly heading down hill but the trailers keep pushing them faster and were lucky then had only minor damage.

I started looking for a better tent.

I came up with a Cabelas Extreme weather tent that has the option of setting up the additional floor liner, poles and storm cover first. Then when you are inside out of the weather (and wipe up the liner) you can put the tent up in a dry environment. First time out I got to put it up in the rain and camped warm and dry in one of the worst weeks I have hunted.

Ted