SeaFire, Oh really? Thanks for the heads Up.

However, was this caution on a regular 6.5x57 or the 6.5x57Rimmed? Dunno why but I could come closer to understanding the poor web design caveat on the Rimmed version, it just seems like a very Old Style low pressure deal to me kinda like a 30-30...and just one of the drawbacks of the 30-30 for me....plus the Military design of the 7x57 originated in 1895.

It was my understanding in reading the Hornady 7th Edition Manual writeup on page 314, the 6.5x57 Mauser, the round in question here & NOT the Rimmed version, was derived from the standard military version of a 7x57 design, and simply necked down with almost the same dimensions as the 7mm. I cannot imagine a weak web issue not being widely ID'd as a severe fault to stay away from, but this is the 1st I've heard of it. But then I have not messed with any of these old German metrics to any degree before, except to shoot some milsurp 7's & 8's back when I could buy a Good One for $29.95 thru the mail out of Shotgun News with no paperwork back before GCA'68.

The Hornady 7th goes on to mention the Rimmed x57 and cautions the need to drop back on the max powder levels shown in the Manual that were developed using a modern Mauser 66, by 10-15% and then still be concerned with pressure levels & evidence of pressure signs in the brass.

IMO the 6.5x57 Zastava I'm looking at might be bargain though, with it's 8 twist barrel @ under $600 NIB Shipped & Insured price and used for a cheap ready made 6.5x'06 donor conversion if in truth and in fact the weak web issue is a for solid and certain a problem hangup that does not allow modern pressures....and well worth looking into. For me anyway it ain't quite time to call ITD and discuss it though.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 09/05/13.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.