Originally Posted by bowfisher
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Any improvement in barrel life or change in accuracy is merely a due to a reduction in velocity.

To get back to the initial velocity, you have to load more powder. There is no point to moly.

I know nothing about DBC.

I will have to respectfully disagree with that statement. Wet-applied moly has helped immensely in my PD rifles for considerably more rounds between cleanings. There is a piece on 6BR that Norma did regarding moly and barrel life also... Worth a look.

I can only go by the rifles I have and the time I get to test them, but it's worth it to me, for the same reasons some of the other guys have posted.

I also UBC'ed my first barrel this summer and trying it with HBN coated bullets for a comparison. Good thing is, the bore coat didn't ruin my new barrel( I was nervous, have to admit, but I know JB doesn't talk out his #%$, like some other folks). So I took the plunge, it's shooting small groups at over 4100fps so far.

Two identical chamberings, albeit different twist rate rifles and I will run them side by side and see how they match up. One wet-applied moly bullet, one UBC'ed and HBN.

Actually, what the Norma article on 6mmBR says about throat erosion is this: "When it comes to increased barrel life statistics start to get a pain in b- - t. It is too much a work with too many variabels to do enough tests."

I short they have no idea. The article goes on to describe a group they shot after 10,000 moly rounds through a barrel, but there was no comparison between that and 10,000 rounds of non-moly bullets through an equivalent barrel.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.