Henry's look nice. And they are made in the good ole USA. But..... Everyone I know that has had one has had feed issues. I'd probably buy a Rossi or Taurus mfg before I spent a lot of money on a Henry.

Marlin is hard to beat, for accuracy and reliability. Don't own any of the Remington made Marlins, so I couldn't say on QC Issues of those. All my Marlins were made before 1990. Dealers & gun traders Definately ask a premium for PRE-Remington Marlins. If I was gonna use it as a hog gun or deer rifle I wouldn't be two concerned about the newer models, personally.

I also have several Winchester's 94's & 92's that are Pre-Saftey models. Plenty accurate for what I use them for. And I've never had one fail to feed.
Recent or current production Winchester Lever Actions are all made by Miruka ? In Japan. They are probably made on some of the finest CNC machines in the world, as the Japanese also make the best CNC Machinery.
Other than new Winchester Lever Actions being a LOT more Expensive nowadays, I don't see a thing wrong with them. Most traditionalist hate them because of the new style saftey.
Buy the one you like the best. Remember you ALWAYS get exactly what you pay for! I find that to be especially true with firearms.

And yes, the 30-30 is still a decent hunting cartridge for whitetail sized game. Probably more deer killed over the years with the 30-30 than all other Cartridges put together.
Personally, I prefer to hunt with my little short barreled Trapper Carbines in .357 magnum & 44 Magnum if I drag a Lever Gun out of my safe. I just consider them a 100 yard Max hunting rifle & know my limitations.
If I'm gonna shoot something past 100 yards, I'll be hunting with a Model 70 Winchester Featherweight in 7x57 or .264 Win Mag. JMHO, though. wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/26/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~