Ok, I'll be the dissenter. Vortex has a rabid fan base that is untouched by any optics manufacturer out there. They have the best customer service of any optics manufacturer. Their scopes also have the highest failure rate of any "name" scope I have ever seen.

Just counting my experience with my personal Vortex scopes I have had two 5-20x Razer's that would sporadically lose zero and if you tightened the scope rings more than 12 inch pounds or so, the parallax adjustment would completely lock up. i.e.- it would not adjust at all. One stopped tracking in the middle of a LR tactical match, and then shifted right .9 mils (3.3 inches at 100 yards). I have a current 1-6x Razor that I use on my work gun that three weeks ago shifted 10+ MOA and stopped tracking until I loosened and retightened the scope rings. They scope rings were tightened to 12in pounds with a torque wrench before and after.

Now to other people's experience that I have seen- my partner was sponsored by them and left after he had a 5-20x Razor lens come completely unglued and rotate 45 degrees during a match, a 1-4 x that lost zero twice, and he had the same parallax lockup problem with the rings. I have seen several develop problems during matches and a casual look at the snipershide optics forum will show several "my vortex broke" threads on the first couple of pages.

I am well aware that there are a bunch of people that have had no problems, including several I know, however due diligence would be to do a bit of research. There is a reason they have such a known reputation for great customer service.....