Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

The point being that I believe how one reacts to alchohol is genetic; my brother craved it, still fears it. Me, I could take it or leave it, always has been that way, will power or character having nothing to do with it.

come from a family tree loaded with alcoholics....much in the way you describe your brother though they arent dry.....however my brother and i seem to be missing the "addiction gene"....hell when he was a smoker he could quit on a whim even though he smoked heavily at times....even though im on fairly heavy pain killers i tend to get pissed at the side effects semi regularly and just quit them cold turkey till the pain forces me back on them, which is usually immediately preceeded by me shattering a molar from trying to grit my teeth through the pain crazy i have a hard time wrapping my head round those that have a hell of a time quiting stuff when its always been easy to me cause i dont have the addictive personality...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books