Well.. Boehner is sticking pretty much to the plan, and The Dems are circling the wagons and sticking together and wanting their "CLEAN" CR Bill before they will even considering sitting down and talking.. This "Clean CR" means completely caving-in before they will even talk.!!!!!
Now the piecemeal approach to funding the government but just leaving Obamacare out is met with LAWYERS in the Pentagon and Whitehouse Lawyers denying death benefits and transportation for families to claim the bodies of their children killed in battle..!!!!! If there was ever a chance or even a glimmer of hope for me thinking there is redemption for any Democrat or Muslim in the Whitehouse or Congress.... THAT DAY IS GONE FOREVER. There is not ONE shred of decency among them.
At least the GOP bunch tried to fund what they thought was the right thing to keep those parts in effect for our soldiers. Our fallen brothers are "sacred ground" and non-negotiable for anything political. I realize the president has made it his personal vendetta to "make this shutdown as painful as possible" so people will feel it, and makes no bones about this stand (openly admitting it), but THIS IS PAIN THAT THIS NON-COMBATANT CAMPAIGNER-IN-CHIEF NEEDS TO HAVE COME HOME FOR HIM TO FEEL.! THIS IS WHY I FEEL LIKE MANY DO, THAT ANY PRESIDENT AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF OUR ARMED FORCES SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO BE A VETERAN FIRST, LEGALLY DISCHARGED, AND SWORN IN A SECOND TIME TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.....!

History is my teacher: VietNam was my lesson.!