It seems there are an awful lot of threads on the fire about how harmful and terrible GMO crops are. How many of you are on prescription medications? Or have loved ones that are? Many people depend on meds just to stay alive. But, what goes into these synthetic, man made drugs? Even the medications derived from plants are altered by people in labs. Most of us have no idea what goes into these medications, what chemicals or methods are used. Yet, we blindly take them because they are "safe".

Most of these medications have a long list of side effects to go with them, some of which are worse than what the med is supposed to cure. Where is the outrage over this? Everybody wants to complain about "big ag" and "big food", what about "big medicine"?

One argument that I am sure will be thrown at this is that our food is making us sick. Ok fine. Lets go back to all organic food but then shouldn't we also get rid of all man made medicine? I mean we need to be all natural right? I guess the problem with this might be our life expectancy would go back down by many years, maybe 50ish instead of 80 ish?

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs