I still have ALL the handguns I have ever owned. ( not that many) The most interesting is the Smith and Wesson 38 Special that belonged to my grandfather. Grandmother gave it to me just before she passed away. He bought it in the late 40's I think. I have the box, cleaning rod, and four boxes of Remington ammo he purchased at the same time. Six shells are missing from one box and from the looks of the gun that's all it has ever been shot.
<br>
<br>I also have a nice early 70's Rugger Super BearCat, a Rugger mark I .22 with heavy 6 & 7/8 inch barrel, a new Beretta 96 in 40 cal, a Raven .25, a Remington .44 cap and ball revolver, a CVA.50 cal percussion pistol, and a PPK .380.
<br>
<br>I never trade handguns because I just don't shoot them enough to wear them out. Rifles and shotguns are a different matter. I have worn out an 1100, shot out a few rifle barrels, and traded "up" several times. I still have my very first gun, a 20 ga. 870. I learned to shoot with it as have my sons. I will keep it until I can no longer use it and then my eldest son gets it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775