Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Just curious, what was the finished weight for the bansner stock, and what pad(s) did you use on them?

These both have a large Limbsaver grind to fit recoil pad that is screwed to a Pine plug and not glued and not ground to fit, but left large.

[Linked Image]
This 260 Rem #3 Shilen barrel Parker Hale commercial Mauser with Parker Hale Aluminium bottom metal and Bansner is with IOR scope, sling, and cheek rest is 10 pounds.

[Linked Image]
This 7mmRemMag 1300 Lothar Walther barrel VZ24 with PAWS Aluminium bottome metal and Bansner is 11 pound with scope, bipod, sling, rear bag, cheek rest, and rear bag.

No pics right now, but just to satisfy my curiousity I weighed my Interarms Mark X, 9.3x62mm (JES rebore). Cerakoted graphite black, it sits in a Bansner with a 1" Decelerator, Leupy Std Bases and 30mm Rings, Swaro 2.2-9x42, and NECG Masterpiece front and rear sights. 8lbs, 5oz with the factory bottom metal. It shoots well, and balances nicely. In retrospect, I'm not sure the 4-5oz weigh savings of lighter bottom metal would be worth the cost.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.