Thank you Gentlemen for your responses; you gave me what I was looking for. Y'all are my Brothers!
I did pick up a box of Hornady 87gr SP this morning and promptly went to work on a suitable load. And,yes, I had already measured the barrel at a 14" twist. Everything fell into place with the 87gr bullet and I quickly moved the target out to 100 yds and promptly started plunking them tiny bullets into the target center in 1.5" groups which will do nicely for now. I went with a 2.555" COAL for starters. That put the bullet all the way into the case neck for a solid cartridge. Setting the bullet any deeper would only take it into the "combustion chamber". I most likely will fine tune it later but I needed a good load quickly to take to the U.P. Leaving Monday for a Hunting Trip with some old comrades. Love me them old firearms to hunt with too. I always take the .300 Savage I picked up some 30 years ago and look forward to spending some time in the woods with the "new" 250-3000 now too. Guess I'll leave the 45-70 home this year. I'll take a Model 12 or maybe a Parker or Elsie along for some grouse hunting before opening day.
Thank you all again for pointing me in the right direction

Gerry

No such thing as Ex-Marine, same goes for Postal.......