Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by castandblast
How do they breathe on a hard climb?

I live in the south and as such have only worn them for walk-abouts. I have used the Cabela's Microtex a fair amount and I'd rate them as about equally warm, which is pretty warm. You can blow right THROUGH the fabric, much easier than blowing through a windshirt or even a good tafetta with DWR on it. My MED pair weigh 14.3 oz.

I should add that ANY softshell is really intended for mixed conditions, IE, snow/sleet etc and not hard rain/ warm conditions. That nano coating prevents the garment from soaking out and causing evaporative heat loss increasing the hypothermia possibility.

He's never really used em, but he'll wholeheartedly recommend them. You just can't make this stuff up folks.

Like I said, I did not give a review of the garment, only of the fabric, as it is unlike anything else I've ever used, and that includes several continents in four seasons since the 70's, along with the fact that I still work with younger guys who just left SOF units, and a few who are still there and have used all of the APCU garments. Take it for what its worth, and while you're at it GFY.