Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by BobinNH

I built it to make me happy and it has delivered exactly what guys like Page and Hagel said it would.Matter of fact...it is so "spot on",it's almost spooky. smile

You dont have to justify anything to anyone. but it seems like you are always reassuring yourself about the mashburn. The wby and mash do the same things. Not many guys like the weatherbys, no big deal to those of us that own them..We report what they are capable of but some dont want to hear it i guess.

Its kinda interesting that you say the mash has to outrun the weatherby cuz its bigger (i'm sure it can by a little)then you say that the STW doesnt gain anything over the mash?

rosco: I don't need any reassurance on the Mashburn....I see three of them shot regularly over a chronograph.And I get feedback regularly from people who also own and shoot them.Seems everyone ends up in about the same places velocity wise.

The only one's who seem to need "reassurance" are the people who don't own one and have never loaded for it.

My suggestion is that folks go load for the 7 Rem Mag in standard and long throat versions,the STW, the Mashburn, and the 7mm Dakota.I already have and know what I like..toss in the 7 mm Weatheby if you like but i won't...the case is too small for what I want,and I don't want to rely on freebore and maxed pressures to get the velocities I want.

If you want to to compare the STW to the Mashburn,you have my loads with H1000; compare them to loads for the STW in the Nolser manual.I an not at all inconsistent.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.