I feel compelled to give the photography credit where it's rightfully due.

This gem of a rifle once belonged to the late Bill Krenz, an all around great guy that I was lucky enough to befriend over on the Kifaru message board. Bill was the publisher/owner of Zebra Publishing (Inside Archery, Bowhunt America, etc.). He was a gentleman to the core and had a wonderful way of discussing all things relating to firearms, archery and hunting in general. He was a gifted writer and as you can plainly see, a heck of a photographer.

Bill had let me put a few rounds down the pipe while we were at the annual Kifaru Rondy/Shootfest in Colorado. I was immediately enamored and subsequently measured all the other 375's I came across against it and found them wanting for one reason or another. Mostly because it wasn't this one.

Sometime after he passed I inquired about what his family intended to do with his collection of firearms, and in particular this very fine Dakota, but his wife Sherry wasn't quite ready to let things go at that time.

Flash forward a year or so....

As luck would have it, I had reached a point of capitulation and juuuuust as I was about to pick up the phone on a Monday morning this last summer and buy a very close twin to this one that I'd seen at the SCI Convention in Reno, I got a call from one of his sons asking me if I wanted to buy this and some other guns in Bill's collection. A few seconds later the deal was done and my search was over.

Now I just need to get across the pond and put it to good use!

Regards,

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.