Leon...my eyeballs arent working as good as they used to, i swapped all my front sights on my .32's to hi-viz beads, that helped a bit.

Originally Posted by DMc
Can the muzzle loader be used on a Contender frame?
DMc

TC offered the muzzleloader barrels for the G2 only, partially to avoid patent infringement...a company named Gonic Arms patented an original contender muzzleloading barrel a good bit before TC ever offered it. Gonic made a lot of .45 barrels, in both pistol length & carbine length....have also seen a few .50's, and a .32 barrel.

The TC G2 muzzleloading barrels were made in straight bull .45, and a "step-up" diameter .50. As Leon mentioned they worked only on G2 frames only because TC addded a pin to prevent lockup on the original frame, which 60 seconds and a dremel will fix. wink

(also voids your warranty if you do so, if that is of concern to you...it wasnt to me)

i have also seen MGM, and bullberry custom barrels in muzzleloading format....i have a 24" MGM fluted 209x45 with smoke brake, and a TC factory 24" 209x45 carbine; thy shoot pretty well.

MGM 209x45:
[Linked Image]

Factory G2 209x45 barrel, with the pin lopped off to work on old style contender frames..i leave mine on an armour alloy frame.
[Linked Image]

some typical groups with the factory 209x45 tube, Hornady .40SST's in sabots. killed a few deer with those, pretty effective, and the TC factory twist shoots them pretty well.
[Linked Image]

Leon..what bullets are you shooting in your 209x45?

============================================================