The Lee trim system works pretty well, and is remarkably flexible.

The original case holder system wore blisters on my thumb and fingers quickly. I substituted the case holder made by K&M and it works pretty well.
[Linked Image]
The handle shown in the image can be replaced with a powered screw driver or a drill. The K&M tool uses Lee priming tool case holders. Perhaps the Lee Universal 3-jaw chuck case holder with the Lee case spinner spindle would be a good substitute for the K&M setup, but it was introduced years after I had the K&M.

The Lee length gauge generally sets the case length at the maximum. As noted above, taking a tiny bit of length off the tip of the Lee gauge pin allows a shorter trim length, which reloading manuals often specify.

An example of Lee flexibility: I needed to trim some 450 Bushmaster cases. There is no Lee length gauge listed for that case, altho Lee will make most any gauge if you've got the cash. The Lee gauge for the 222 Rem is the correct length. I made a washer to fit on the 222 gauge, with the outside diameter filed to fit inside the 450 case mouth. The washer keeps the case mouth centered on the cutter blades during the trim process.

Lee's system is so good that Lyman recently has begun marketing a clone: [color:#0000FF]E-ZEE TRIM Hand Case Trimmer[/color]

--Bob