I think you got a fair deal considering the quality of the vehicle involved.

My personal history: 5 new Toyotas bought in my lifetime. Absolutely no warranty returns/issues EXCEPT a loose wire on the cig lighter of my 1982 diesel (yes, that was the only year they imported them).
My 1990 4Runner had a recall for air conditioner seals.
My 1996 T100 had a recall for head gaskets.
My 1987 4wd went 286k miles before my brother rolled it on an icy road. I had to put a fuel pump ($19 mechanical), timing chain, and a hydraulic clutch cylinder.

Unfortunately, I let a foolish attraction break my Toyota ownership spree, and like you, I will not borrow to buy.
Used Toyotas are gold here in the midwest, I may have to bite the bullet and finance to get back in to a Toyota. Back where I belong.

Mom and Dad heated with nothing but wood - every stick that they burned from 1982 to about 2001 was hauled in a Toyota pickup.

I've drug fishing boats from Canada to almost Alabama for a lot of years with never a problem.

Here's a small pic of a common load that I towed many miles thru Mo. hills. That is a 1996 T100 4WD V6 automatic that had stock 3.90(I think) rear end gears. That is a 2 ton (+) load, not counting trailer. For light to medium duty towing they are very capable.

[Linked Image]

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.