Up until two weeks ago I had only taken hogs with my B92 44 mag when I got an opportunity on an average axis doe.

She lept straight up at the shot then jumped a fence. Zero blood at point of impact, zero blood on other side of fence. I found her about 90 yds away but didn't see blood until the last ten yards with good amount on ground around her. Entrance wound was text book perfect broadside but how could it not be at ten yards.

When I cleaned her I found both lungs pierced, as if by a serrated knife, still pink and otherwise in tact. NEVER seen this before. I have always gotten the red jello innards on everything from 85 grain 6mm to 150 270's. I am less than impressed on how quickly the 44 has put down hogs for that matter. The SKS drops them better, so has the 6mm, 260 and 270.

This is one rifle I don't load for. Am using 225 grain Hornady Lever Revolution and this has to be about max speed impact for a 44 mag. I expected different. Oh- yes there was a decent exit wound.

Not complaining, just reporting. Still love the rifle but will not use on deer again and will aim for the ear on hogs from now on when using it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius