Now that 625 .45 Colt cut for .45 ACP Moon Clips...WOW...

.45 Colt
.45 Colt +P
.45 ACP
.45 ACP +P
.45 Super

Will it run .45 Auto Rim also????

I had three 629s, two -2 Mountain Revolvers with the bead blasted finish and one -6. Traded one -2 to a friend and sold the other one. Kept the -6 as it matched the 657 and 625/.45 ACP MGs that I have.

Also had one of the Springfield Armory ARMS FOR THE NATION Commemorative but sold that and another 625 .45 ACP and bought a second 657/.41 Mag.

The only reason I bough and keep the 629/.44 is Speer several years ago came out with the .44 Magnum 200 grain Gold Dot HP Short Barrel Load. I was so impressed with the performance of the made for the .44 Special 200 grain DEEP HP bullet that would expand EVERY time at 1080 fps from a 4" I just had to have a gun to shoot it in....and the MG was the perfect vehicle. Berry's Bullets used to have a 200 grain plated bullet and I bough a couple thousand and have a practice load that matches the factory load. Speer also has load data for the bullet in the #14 Manual.

Funny story on the 629. I bought it off GunBroker and when it arrived it was like new. When I wrote and thanked the Seller for a quick smooth transaction I asked why he had sold it. He said he had fired six rounds of factory 240s through it and that was enough for him.... I have 20 rounds of Gold Dots and probably 30 rounds of the practice load through the gun and that is it...just sits in the safe....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....