We have used Interlock handloads and factory ammo in .260, 7mm-08, 7x57, 25-06, .270 Weatherby Mag, and 30-06. The only deer we have had to track an excessive distance was a 120 lb-ish doe hit center of the lungs behind the shoulder with a 129gr from the .260 from 50 yards. Bullet missed bone and heart and the deer went probably 150 yards but I consider that an anomaly. Hit in thick timber late PM and had to go back the following morning because of a very scant blood trail. But a couple of years later I hit same sized doe in same spot and it was a DRT with hardly a quiver. With the 7mm-08 and 139gr IL I have seen lung tissue 10 feet behind the impacted deer.

What I'm getting at is if you hit a deer in the chest with a Hornady Interlock, at least in my experience, that deer will die close enough from the shot to be found. All bullets don't hit exactly where we thought sometimes.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."