I shot 3 deer this year with my Ruger Skeleton stock with 22" ss barrel .260 using the 120gr nosler ballistic tips.

The first one was at 60yds looking at me and I hit her in the center of the chest while she was looking at me, she ran 20yds and fell dead. After field dressing her not sure how she ran that far, was hard to tell what pieces belonged to heart, liver, and lungs was all jello.

The second one was at 150 yards in a pretty good run as I had pointed her out to my father-in-law when she was still, then again when she was walking, and when she started trotting I pulled my gun up and right before she went in the woods sent one to her. I had a through and throught at center of the shoulder and she flopped there.

Third one was a big buck at 425yds according to leica. I hit him about 2-3 inches behind his heart but devastated the lungs and liver. Watched him take about 10 steps, back legs started shaking and the rest was a long walk to him.

The 120gr nosler ballistic tips I shot was all factory and was very impressed, I now have a sleeve of 129gr SST to get a load worked up before October

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.