Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Any one using a Lee Turret press for loading? I know a Dillon progressive is the state of the art and way to go but I don' t load enough to make it worth the expense. Loading handgun ammo on my single stage has become to much of a chore thinking the Lee turret will simplify things and allow me to get maybe 150- 200 rounds per hour?

I have been loading on my Lee "Classic" Turret press for over a year. I have a little over 3500 rounds of 9mm without any type of problem.

I do not like the Lee Turret Press. It is made of aluminum and did not feel very sturdy. I like the "Classic" Turret because it is made of cast iron.

I can load between 70 and 100 rounds of 9mm an hour with the Lee press. I leave mine set-up so most of the time I'll load 50 or 60 rounds--take a break and load 50 or 60 more. I'll do this at my leisure. Without any rush, I can load 1000 rounds in about two weeks of casual effort.

The real time savings in the press is the ability to leave it set-up. I pull handle, prime, pull handle, place bullet, pull handle, seat bullet, pull handle, crimp. 4 pulls of the handle gives a finished round.

I am very satisfied with the press and the investment I have in it.

Having said that, if you are already into reloading, GET THE DILLON! In my opinion, if you are going to load for only one caliber...the Lee will pay for itself much sooner. Once you start adding different calibers, you will begin thinking... "Man, I'm getting close the cost of the Dillon."

The Dillon is the best "overall" value.