This is the short version of what happened...

Dec. 2, 2013 I decided to go deer hunting, up in the bottom, getting there by pirogue, at a place I have killed several good bucks in the past.

I decided move to a different tree, one that I had never climbed. I adjusted my climbing stand and up the tree I went. When I got to the height I wanted, I discovered that the seat needed adjusting. So, as I have done a thousand times, I stood up, turned around to adjust the seat. But this time I lost my balance and fell out of the stand, 18-20 feet to the ground.

Now I dont tell anyone where my best stands are, so no one knew exactly where I was. Luckly my cell phone worked, so I called for help.

It took them 4 hours to find me and another hour to get me out and fly me to the hospital.

My injuries were:
1) broke ball off right leg at hip (required 2 surgeries 3 weeks apart)
2) broke right wrist (in cast for almost 10 weeks)
3) broke left shoulder blade
4) fractured 5-6 ribs (docs couldnt decide)
5) fractured 3 vertebrae
6) blowed out right lung
7) lacerated left lung

I just got the cast off the wrist last Thursday and it is sore and stiff, but I'm steadily working to get it back in shape. And, I've still got 4 more weeks before I can put weight on my right leg. I'm using a walker to get around, so things arent too bad. All the rest of the injuries are healed or at least they dont bother me any.

The other none bodily losses were:
1) Broke the stock on my favorite gun- 30-30 Marlin
2) They cut off a perfectly good pair of camo pants and shirt
3) Lost 8 weeks of deer hunting

I got home yesterday and I was very lucky. I will walk and hunt again!

Please, wear your safety harness! If I hadnt have been so stupid, I wouldnt have spent the last 70 days in the hospital.

Again, Please wear your safety harness!

(Its good to be back on the fire)

Last edited by Oldman2003; 02/11/14.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21