My son-in-law has a CZ452 American that he bought new a couple years ago. He promptly dropped a Yo-Dave trigger kit into it which is what a lot of guys on rim-fire central recommend. He also drilled and tapped the rear of the trigger guard and put a trigger overtravel screw in there. It shoots as good and has almost as good a trigger as my CZ453 American.

To say the only difference between the two is that one has a set trigger and the other one doesn't is oversimplifying the matter. Yes, it is true, but there are a bunch of other things as well. There is an adjustment for creep and overtravel as well.

They both shoot real well, and the only way to tell which one is better is for both of us to shoot both rifles. I don't think the difference is worth mentioning since he tweaked the trigger and put the overtravel screw in.

I got my 453 used (like new) shipped for cheaper than he bought his with taxes new, but for less than $600 in Canada, it is a heck of a rifle -- either way.

Here's my CZ453 American.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first 10 rounds at 25 yards including sight in of new scope. As you can see, rounds # 6-10 printed pretty tight for Federal Bulk blue box ammo.

[Linked Image]

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith