That is a beautiful rig. The eye relieve of the new VX6 was so long and with the huge field of view, I couldn't resist the 3x18. Its like the best of both worlds in optics. Had I done over again, I would have put the light weight Talley mounts on instead of the Leupold mounts. I do get into some long shots from time to time so the added zoom was too hard to pass up. I took a Black Bear a few years ago at 270 yards and that's about as far as I felt comfortable with my last scope. I was shooting 300yards with the VX6 like my last optic was at 100 yards. This new 6x that all the top tier optics have is increadable. I am now shooting this JOC 270 out to 500yards with this new optic.

Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Thanks mystro,have another question,what Leupold do you have on it?

It's not a 4x in Tildens. At lest I don't think it is laugh.. Nice rifle though..
No,it's not,now that would be sweet.

Mystro,thank you for answering my questions. 'bout the only thing I disagree with is the scope,but it's yours and not mine. wink

Here's my Feathereight 7x57 with a Leupold 2.5x Ultralight and Talley Lightweights.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

By the way,I'm strongly considering taking this Black Bear hunting this November in Arizona.

As it is in the pic it weighs 7lbs 12ozs.

Last edited by mystro; 02/15/14.

The Lord loves humility.