Will use it for truck gun when out, coyotes, in Ks, so could be 50 to 400 yds on set, pretty open country here. So if hunting only the 6 would be the pick, but like to punch paper in developing reloads & contests with other hunting buds.

Would like to try long range to 1,000 yds. I know the 223 is not the long range caliber of dreams. Have other rifles that could switch it to for long distance once I learn the MRAD system. 223 is cheaper than 270 Weatherby to shoot.

Then because they are reported so dependable to use on other rifles load development & in the event I think there is a problem with one of mine or someone's scope.

The difference in 10 to 12 on variable isn't that much difference when looking through them. Questions is 12 "too much" to eliminate it over the 10 on a fixed. My indecision is that it is just 3' at 100 m, & most things you shoot at aren't under that range usually but first finding a target in the scope quick is the short comings of a higher fixed power. But the 12 would be helpful in long distance.

So long & short is I know it will fit some applications great short on the others, never be right for all. I just haven't shot fixed with MRAD at long distances & want to learn.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. - Billy the Kid.

Democracy is two wolves & a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
- Benjamin Franklin