Originally Posted by powdr
I posted a want to buy on another forum...NOT THIS ONE, and a person responded. I had a dialogue w/the person and got their address and phone #. Talked to the person and felt OK about the deal. Sent the MO out 2 weeks ago that was posted by USPS as received on 2/6. No emails or answered phone calls in the last five days. It's not a great deal of money...$400 but it's enough to get pissed off about. The culprit lives in BLANDING, UTAH and I'd like to get some ideas about how I might get the individuals attention? This is a first for me. powdr
I would wait another two days, just to get to one month with no response. In the meantime, get on the internet and search out contact information for the sheriff and the county attorney. On March 7th, contact both the county sheriff and the county attorney and file a mail fraud complaint. I would also talk to your postmaster about filing a federal mail fraud complaint. One or more of those should start the process of either getting what you paid for or getting your money back.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...