Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Leaning towards the Talley mounts as I just found a set of Talley rings that I didn't know I had.
S&K system looks very similar to the Talleys and might try them on my wifes rifle.
Sako ring mounts are nice but seem to high as I have no plans on using a scope with an objective bigger than 40-44mm.

Optilock ringmounts are perfect for a 40mm scope. Here is mine with a Conquest 3x9x40
[Linked Image]

I don't like the idea of bases on top of the integral base so that leaves out the too heavy two piece Optilocks, Talley, Control,and just about everything except the Leupolds.

The Leupolds work well and do allow limited adjustment over the ones with attached bases. The only problem with Leupolds are that both rear and front have to be about half way down the rail to even get any tightening purchase. The Optilock Ringmounts will tighten anywhere on the rail but the rear has a recoil pin. Sort of a belt and suspenders approach, so the rear will only mount in one spot. I know of many people who have removed the recoil pin to have the best of both worlds in adjustment and robust mounts without any problems at all. The only way I wouldn't remove the recoil pin is if I was mounting a ridiculously heavy scope.